We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
With the arrival of heat, the plants in our green space are more exposed to the attack of fungal diseases which affect both vegetables and ornamental plants. In this regard, let's see how to eradicate fungal diseases effectively and harmless to the environment.
How to eradicate fungal diseases, prevention
Among the fungal diseases that most affect vegetables, shrubs and ornamental plants, we find powdery mildew, a disease that presents itself with whitish spots on the green parts: the leaves turn yellow and dry, and a downy-looking mold forms. The appearance of this fungus is facilitated by humid conditions, with both low and high temperatures.
To prevent powdery mildew from occurring, it is essential:
- do not get the leaves wet when watering
- space the plants from each other in order to circulate the air,
- do not water in the evening to avoid water stagnation on the leaves.
How to eradicate fungal diseases, do it yourself preparations
- Preparation based on vinegar: pour 10 ml of vinegar in 1 liter of water
- Garlic-based preparation: add 4 minced garlic cloves to a liter of water and leave to macerate overnight. Filter before spraying
-Bicarbonate-based preparation: pour a teaspoon of bicarbonate into two liters of water.
-Preparation based on horsetail: finely blend a bunch of horsetail, cover it with water and let it rest for 24 hours. Filter and dilute 1 part of this liquid with 5 parts of water
- Milk-based preparation: mix 1 part of milk and 2 of water. Spray at the first signs of powdery mildew every 3-4 days: the milk changes the pH of the surface of the leaves, preventing the fungus from developing.
How to eradicate fungal diseases, treatment
- At the first signs of leaves affected by powdery mildew, spray with a strong jet of water to remove as much of the fungus as possible
- Eliminate the affected leaves to avoid the spread of the fungus: once affected they can no longer be recovered
- Apply one of the preparations suggested in the previous paragraph to all parts of the plant: apply the product that is most effective for you
- Spray the preparation early in the morning before the sun is too high
- If necessary, apply the preparation 1 or twice a week: more frequently if it is wet.