We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
THE flax seed they can be considered pearls of health thanks to their beneficial properties; they have a high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids which make them one of the most valid vegetable sources of omega 3: a tablespoon of flax seeds contains about 1.7 grams. THEflax seed they are also rich in precious mineral salts, such as manganese, phosphorus, copper and magnesium, they also possess B vitamins, proteins, lipids, linoleic acid, fibers and lignans which have important antioxidant properties.
Come on flax seed you get flaxseed oil, very useful for our health as it is particularly rich in essential fatty acids, omega 3 and omega 6: our body is unable to produce these acids, so they must necessarily be taken through food and linseed oil is an excellent source.
- According to some research conducted in the United States, it seems that adding flax seeds to your diet can reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancers: breast, prostate, and parts of the colon.
- Studies conducted on animals would confirm that omega 3 fatty acids are able to inhibit the formation of cancer cells in the organs just mentioned.
- Likewise, lignans would be able to interfere with the growth and spread of cancer cells.
- According to experts, flax seeds could be used in the treatment of the cardiovascular system, as they would be able to stabilize the heartbeat, thus managing to reduce the risk of heart attack.
- Finally, flax seeds could also be precious in pregnancy, as they seem to contribute to the formation of the cerebral cortex.
- Flax seeds are also used for the treatment of other diseases such as: intestinal inflammation, abscesses and hemorrhoids.
Flax seeds, properties and conservation
To benefit from the beneficial presence of omega3 in flax seeds, it is advisable to chop them with a coffee grinder or crush them in a mortar and then consume them immediately: over time the properties deteriorate due to exposure to light.
In this regard, i flax seed they must be kept intact in a dark, dry and sheltered place from sunlight and heat. The shredded flax seeds can be stored in the refrigerator for very short times, to prevent them from losing their beneficial properties: even in cooking the properties of the seeds are altered.
ATTENTION: choose flax seed of biological origin in order to avoid traces of pesticides and to be sure that during their processing they have not undergone treatments that could cause their deterioration.
THE flax seed I'm a natural remedy used since ancient times and their intake is unlikely to have significant contraindications or side effects. In any case, before constantly adding the product to your diet, it is always better to consult a dietician or your doctor.